Chapman Cultural Center is fully ADA compliant. All areas of the campus are handicapped accessible. The Chapman Cultural Center theater has handicapped accessible seating and state-of-the-art hearing assistance technology. In addition to traditional amplification devices, such as headphones, the theater is equipped with “The Loop” technology.
The health and safety of our patrons, participants, staff, and volunteers remains the number one priority of Spartanburg Little Theatre as we return to live theatre events at the Chapman Cultural Center this fall. As the circumstances surrounding COVID-19 and the latest health information and guidelines from the CDC and SCDHEC continue to evolve, so will we.
Please take note of the updated health and safety protocols below to see how we can all work together to enjoy a safe and healthy live theatre season in 2021-22.
Health and Safety Protocols (updated 8/30/2021) All protocols are interim and subject to change.
- Face Masks: In accordance with Chapman Cultural Center policy, all staff, volunteers, and patrons who attend a performance at Spartanburg Little Theatre will be required to wear masks upon entry into the building and throughout the performance, regardless of vaccination status. Face shields and gaiters will not be acceptable at this time.
- Fresh Air and Filtration: Chapman Cultural Center has made upgrades to their HVAC system to increase filtration and allow increased air introduction into the theater to reduce airborne particles and pathogens.
- Restroom Overflow: Additional restrooms will be available in the West Wing building to mitigate close contact between patrons.
- Concessions: Patrons are encouraged to enjoy concessions outside or socially distanced when inside. Food and drink will not be allowed in the theatre auditorium at this time.
- Do Your Part: Please stay home if you are feeling unwell or presenting symptoms consistent with COVID-19.
Thank you for your patience and kindness as we adjust our procedures to ensure a safe environment for our patrons, artists, volunteers, and staff. We’ve missed you and look forward to welcoming you back to the theatre this fall.
For more information about the Chapman Cultural Center’s Health & Safety Protocols click HERE.
Frequently Asked Questions
Chapman Cultural Center
200 East St. John St.
Spartanburg, SC 29306
Ticket Office Hours
Tuesday-Thursday: 10 am – 5 pm
Friday: 12 pm – 4 pm
Saturday, Sunday, & Monday: Closed
Whenever there is a performance, the ticket office will open two hours prior to curtain time.
Ticket office hours may fluctuate depending on the season. For the most current ticket office information click HERE.
Though there is no strict dress code for Spartanburg Little Theatre performances, most of our patrons opt to dress in business casual attire. A sweater or jacket is recommended for those who might be cold natured, as the theater is kept cool for the benefit of the performers.
Information regarding content advisories for particular shows may be found on the specific production information page by viewing our production listings
We encourage every patron to read content advisories and research each show prior to purchasing tickets and then determine whether the content is appropriate for them, their family, or their group.
The Spartanburg Youth Theatre offers performances specifically designed for children and may be a more appropriate theatre experience for young children.
Fridays at 8:00 pm, Saturdays at 8:00 pm, and Sundays at 3:00 pm. (Musicals have Saturday performances at 3:00 pm during the 2nd or 3rd week of the production only)
Additional performances may be added for popular or sold out productions.
- Adult Ticket: $30.00
- Senior Ticket (60+): $27.00
- Student Ticket: $20
- Plays (non-musical)
Adult Ticket: $25.00
Senior Ticket (60+): 24.00
Student Ticket: $20
Group Rate Information
- Sorry, no cancellations or refunds for missed performances.
- Ticket exchanges must be made through the ticket office at least 24 hours prior to the performance. Exchange fees may apply.
- Misplaced or lost tickets may be reprinted by the Ticket Office by request.
- Doors open 30 minutes before show time. We suggest arriving at least 15 minutes before curtain to allow enough time to park, pick up tickets, purchase concessions, and find your seat.
- Late seating is only allowed at the discretion of the House Manager.
- Reserved seating will be held until curtain, after which alternate seating may be used.
- Licensing and federal copyright laws prohibit the use of cameras, cellular phones and other recording devices.
- Devices with screens (cell phones, laptops, tablets) are very visible and disruptive to the cast and other patrons. Please turn off all electronic devices before you enter the theater (and then tweet/text/facebook all of your friends about the show as soon as you leave!)
- Concessions (beer, wine, non-alcoholic beverages, snacks) are available for purchase in the theater lobby and may be brought into the auditorium. Outside food and drink is prohibited.
- Lost and found items are turned in to the Ticket Office. Call 864.542.2787 to inquire about items you may have left at the theater.
- Our casts are always happy to greet you in the lobby immediately following each performance.