200 East Saint John Street
Spartanburg, SC 29306
864-585-8278 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Dear valued patrons and friends,
For 75 years, our community has trusted the Spartanburg Little Theatre to make decisions that have contributed to the cultural vibrancy of our community and the artistic well-being of its residents. Recently, with the onset of COVID-19 and the ensuing pandemic, we are tasked with the increased responsibility of making decisions that impact the health and physical well-being of our patrons, performers, and volunteers.
Since mid-March, we have been monitoring national, state, and local guidelines, keeping a close and hopeful eye on industry trends, as well as engaging in many meaningful and informative conversations with our patrons and participants to determine how and when we can safely reopen. However, there is still no timeline allowing for the reopening of performing arts venues in South Carolina, rigorous social distancing measures are still in effect and, most importantly, many unknown and potential risks to the health of our participates and audience members still exist.
It is with deep regret and a very heavy heart that we must announce the cancellation of all Spartanburg Little Theatre productions through February of 2021. This applies to the Spartanburg Little Theatre productions of Heathers, Sister Act, The Great Gatsby, Sh-Boom! Life Could Be a Dream, Every Christmas Story Ever Told, and the A Night at Studio 54 fundraiser.
Our intention is to pick up our production season beginning with Savannah Sipping Society in March 2021 as originally scheduled. However, this too will depend on the course of COVID-19 and our ability to safely execute all that needs to transpire to protect our patrons, employees, participants, and the community. While we hope to present the cancelled productions in a future season, due to licensing restrictions, we cannot guarantee these titles will appear in 2021-22.
You have been more than understanding through all of the uncertainty and scheduling changes and we are once again humbly asking for your grace and patience as we do our best to take care of our fiercely loyal and enthusiastic patrons. Please read the following information carefully for information on your options concerning ticket purchases and seating assignment policies:
If your 2019-20 season tickets included our Summer 2020 production of Heathers:
• DONATE: Donate the cost of your tickets to SLT. We will provide a tax donation letter.
• REFUND: Call the SLT office at (864) 585-8278 to request a refund.
If you purchased season tickets for our upcoming 2020-21 season:
• ROLL OVER: Roll over your season tickets to the 2021-22 season AND we will include any productions we present this season beginning in March 2021.
• REFUND: Call the SLT office at (864) 585-8278 to request a full refund. We will not be able to offer partial refunds.
If you have tickets for the rescheduled A Night at Studio 54 fundraiser:
• ROLL OVER: Roll over your tickets to our Speakeasy Soirée fundraiser on March 27, 2021.
• REFUND: Call the SLT office at (864) 585-8278 to request a full refund.
If you had a standing seating reservation in 2019-20:
• 2019-20 season ticket holders with standing seating reservations will have first right of refusal for those same seats in 2021-22.
• You do not need to purchase season tickets for this upcoming season to keep your seats in 2021-22.
We ask that you make all refund requests by October 30, 2020. Please call our office at (864) 585-8278 with any questions.
We may be experiencing high call volume and your understanding and patience is greatly appreciated.
More than 80% of Spartanburg Little Theatre’s revenue comes from ticket sales, contributions, sponsorships, ad sales, and schooltime performances for area educators and youth. The loss of that income will have a significant impact on the financial
and artistic health of the theatre and the way in which we are able to reemerge and navigate a post-COVID 19 future.
Now, in our 75th year, we need the support of our valued audience members, donors, and participants more than ever. If you are able, please consider the following ways in which you can shine a much-needed light of support while our stages remain dark:
• DONATE: Invest in and protect the future of the Spartanburg Little Theatre with a 100% tax-deductible gift to
• ADVOCATE: Write, email, or phone your state and local legislators and advocate for increased funding for the arts and COVID-related arts relief funds.
• SUPPORT: Consider including Spartanburg Little Theatre in your estate plan. Donations of stock, company matching gifts, and bequests are simple ways of continuing your support of our theatre.
• GO ONLINE: Watch, share, and promote upcoming virtual programming on your own social media platforms.
• LEARN: Improve your (or your child’s) performing skills through our adult and youth education programs.
• HONOR: Brighten someone’s day with a donation to our Legacy Circle in honor or in memory of a favorite performer or volunteer. Or address a note of support to the theatre and we will share it with our performers.
They miss you too!
For now, we are still hard at work, discovering exciting and innovative ways we can continue to inspire, educate, and entertain our faithful audiences and patrons during this brief pause in our regular programming. And though we are used to hard work, we will occasionally be taking a moment to reset and recharge, so that we’ll be ready to take on the next 75 years with fresh ideas and renewed energy.
Thank you so very much for all of your support, patience, and understanding. We miss you, and we’ll see you soon.
Executive Artistic Director
Spartanburg Little Theatre
To Donate: www.spartanburglittletheatre.com/support